There are two main ways in which a business advertises its products and services in the market. These are traditional marketing and digital marketing. Where traditional marketing has been used in earlier times when the technology was not evolved.
However, in present times, this form of marketing has been replaced by digital marketing to a good extent. Both these marketing strategies come with their pros and cons. Let us look at the comparison of these technologies to gain a better understanding of them.
Mementor is a leading digital markedsføring in Norway that provides measurable, value-added, and documented results to its users. Their digital marketing strategies help generate increase traffic and more inquiries.
How Is Traditional Marketing Executed In The Business?
This is the old marketing method that is based on four pillars such as curiosity, awareness, yearning, and decision. Here is a business uses the following medium to perform marketing:
- Television ads
- Print ads
- Direct mail
- Newspaper ads
- Door to door awareness campaigns
- Radio ads, etc. for the advertisement
How Is Digital Marketing Executed In The Business?
This form of marketing is a contemporary way to promote the products and services of a business. Also called online marketing, this technique uses digital devices and media like Google, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook, etc. to promote a business.
The following tools help in implementing digital marketing in a business:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- Pay Per Click Campaigns
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
This method is based on four pillars that include strategizing, discussion, content, and developments.
Differences between Conventional Marketing and Online Marketing:
Here are a few differences between both marketing strategies. Knowledge about them will help you form the right selection.
- Traditional Marketing is comparatively more expensive than online marketing.
- Traditional marketing is more beneficial to target segments of the population who are old, rural population and those who not tech-savvy.
- In online marketing, advertising, communication, and engagement with the target audience happen through ads over the internet. Whereas traditional marketing relies on in-person communication or through conventional channels such as TV, radio, telephone, etc.
- Compared to traditional marketing, digital marketing is faster, and more efficient brand building.
- Another important difference between traditional marketing and online marketing is that the results generated by the former method are hard to measure. On the contrary, digital marketing provides analytics tools that make it easier for businesses to measure their effectiveness.
- Compared to online marketing, conventional marketing takes more time and resources for its implementation. The use of online tools, channels, and platforms helps better engagement with the audience and business promotion.
So, we have seen about features, pros, and cons of traditional and digital marketing. Though digital marketing is cost-effective, quick, and efficient but can’t replace conventional marketing. It should be seen as an extension to the already existing traditional marketing.
For an effective promotion, a business should identify the space, do the right partnership, learn about the age range, social class, and purchasing behaviour of the audience, and implement the most appropriate marketing strategy in the business.