It is sad to know that most people suffer a slip, trip, and fall accident and injure themselves badly. In most cases, it is quite likely that the accident won’t even be due to their fault. By law in Iowa, a slip and fall are termed as a personal injury that entitles you to compensation if the owner was negligent.
A slip and fall injury might make you suffer from medical expenses, lost earnings, pain, and suffering. However, you may recover all your damages by getting in touch with Iowa injury lawyers who would get you fair compensation. They will investigate your case and find out the main reason for your slip and fall injury. Contact them on their website fighting for fairness and begin with a free consultation, online case evaluation, and a complimentary guide on the Iowa laws.
Most slip and fall cases are not suitable for representing personally mainly for two reasons:
- The property owners and their insurance company might not accept their fault unless held legally responsible
- The defendants might argue that the personal injuries are not so bad that it needs to be compensated
- Your potential requirement for expensive medical care may be more than your financial condition.
A trip to a store, restaurant or somebody’s place in Iowa should not lead to serious life-changing injuries. If this happens to you, legal options are available and a personal injury attorney may help you through such challenging times.
The lawyer will first investigate exactly how your injury happened.
- Did you miss your step?
- Did you slip on something or was it due to a defect on the step?
- Did you reach out for something, a handrail that was not within your reach, and then lose your balance?
- Was the floor wet due to roof leakage and you slipped on the wet floor?
- Was the fall due to poor parking lights?
- Were there wires or cords across the floor and you tripped and fell?
- Were you using your phone or got distracted?
- Were the steps of varying heights that caused loss of balance and you fell?
An experienced slip and fall Iowa lawyer will examine the scenario, discuss all such possibilities, and negotiate with the insurance company. He would then determine exactly how and why you slipped and fell, blame the negligent people responsible for your injuries and get you fair compensation.